Thursday, March 5, 2015

My Soul to Take | Madeline Sheehan

21684808
When Trinity escaped a worldwide apocalyptic plague in the arms of Gerik, a Scandinavian Gypsy, she never imagined they would be soul mates . . . or what that even meant. Xan showed Trinity that love could save her from the seemingly unbreakable ties she had to Gerik . . . or so she thought.

After a brutal attack on camp and being abandoned outside of the wards, Trinity, now possessing her own - and very unstable - magical powers, is left to her own devices surrounded by Skin Eaters and all other dangers of the unknown.

Now, Trinity is alone. Having no idea where her husband, her soul mate, or the Popa Clan are, Trinity is forced to discover her powers on her own.

On a journey full of self-discovery, chance encounters, unwelcome news, and enlightenment, Trinity is fighting for survival in a world where the only thing certain is death.


Book 2 of the Holy Trinity series 
Publisher: Madeline Sheehan 
Date Published: September 26, 2012 
Pages: 234 
Genres: Adult, sci-fi – dystopia, fantasy, romance 

After Gerik ditched her and the camp moved, Trinity needs to find a way to deal with her unstable magic and survive.

I enjoyed the sequel. Still heavy on the romance; this book has enough of the fantasy element to keep me glued. The entire cast were so flawed. Even the Gypsy way of life portrayed in the book was out-dated. I really liked Trinity’s character in this book. She finally grew up. We also get to have a chance to get to know Gerik in this one. He was so sweet but I felt like it was too late for me. I wanted her to be with Xan.

Madeline writes meaningful characters with intense back-stories and a magnetic plot. Things never go the way I expect with her books. I didn't think the book would go this way. I’m impatiently waiting to see what will happen in the third one. There were still so many unanswered questions. Why did the apocalypse happen? What was going on with Gerik? Why do the Romani have magic? I still don’t understand this magic aspect of Gerik and Trinity. Yes, I understand he needs her to balance his power out, but why does he have all this magic in the first place? Is there a purpose and was he supposed to do something with his gifts?  

Rating:

Check out my review on Book 1: The Soul Mate