Sunday, March 8, 2015

Bared to You | Sylvia Day

13572249
He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I’d never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily…

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other’s most private wounds…and desires.The bonds of his love transformed me, even as i prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

Book 1 in the Crossfire Series
Publisher: Berkley Trade
Date Published: June 12, 2012
Pages: 352
Genres: Contemporary romance

*Content Advisory: This book is intended for mature audiences and contains explicit sexual activity.


I just finished Bared to You the first book in the Crossfire series. It was apparently similar to Fifty Shades of Grey and I wholeheartedly agree with that statement. It was, most definitely, the one with better writing. This story was about two people with abusive pasts trying to have a functional relationship.

There were many times I was frustrated with the two and times when I didn’t understand their reactions and decisions. The story was dragged out, but the writing was great, it just happened to be about frivolous things. There’s no bondage but the main characters are dominant and submissive in nature. There’s not much of a plot, but it did try to be a character-driven story, so if you dislike the main characters you will hate the series.

In my opinion I liked Gideon and Eva characters much more than Christian and Ana. I could relate to them a lot more. There hopes, dreams and fears seemed real to me. Honestly if you read Fifty Shades of Grey, you will most likely have the a similar opinion about Bared to You. There's nothing new here, at least in the first book. It seems almost a copy, one example was the collage on the wall of the two main characters; they're in both books. I feel disappointed since Sylvia Day writes beautifully.