Tuesday, March 31, 2015

New Species Series | Laurann Dohner


Content Advisory: This book is intended for mature audiences.
 
I was thinking about a book but I couldn't remember the title nor the author's name. I knew it a paranormal/ sci-fi romance that had something to do with human experimentation. Once these experiments were free, they had to find their mates! Of course I had to go through some goodreads list to find what I was looking for. I actually ended up starting a different series called the Breeds series by Lora Leigh. The idea is quite similar to the New Species series, but I feel like Lora Leigh's books were more towards erotica. It did have plot, but there were too many sex scenes for my taste. There are also many sex scenes in Laurann Dohner's work, but it isn't the focus, so I would not consider this erotica.

Then I finally found the New Species series and yes, I ended up reading the entire series. It has 13 books, with more in the works. Only problem was that there really wasn't any build-up to the romance and this goes for the entire series. It's more towards instant-love, but even then calling it love is pushing it. It's all lust baby. The plot I was looking for was there, good writing, and smut! The whole dominant, mine thing going on in both series is a little on the wtf side, but hey I still like this series. I love the first 4 books and books 12 and 13, the rest were okay. Definitely passed the time.

If you're looking for a steamy romance with dominant animal-human experiments, check out New Species.




1.   Fury
2.   Slade
3.   Valiant
4.   Justice
5.   Brawn
6.   Wrath
7.   Tiger
8.   Obsidian
9.   Shadow
10. Moon
11. True
12. Darkness
13. Smiley